The hearse van class started in 1893 with conversions from _E__ mail vans. E 1, 2, 3 were modified to C 1, 2, 3.
In 1902/03 vans numbered 4 - 9 were built.
The vans were kept at Flinders St in the 'Mortuary Dock'.
In 1909/10 the class was altered to _J__. At this time the short four wheel vans were rebuilt onto six wheel underframes, using two vans to make one long car. Three rows of compartments were added.
Vehicle history list
File c111m compiled by Peter J. Vincent, updated 14/6/2007