In 1925, the underframe of a fixed wheel carriage was modified for use as a "gas truck".
The underframe was from a Y class carriage, the body being scrapped. The Y number was not known. It entered service 25/8/1925, with four wheels and Westinghouse Pipe only. The only identity for the vehicle was "Gas Truck No.1"
Traffic is not known, nor have any photographs been found. Presumed traffic could either be as a gas transport with gas cylinder attached to the underframe or as a transport for the waste produced when the gas was manufactured.
The vehicle was scrapped on 21/12/1937.
File c274m compiled by Peter J. Vincent, updated 12/9/2007