This car was built in 1880 at the VR Workshops, Williamstown as _A__ 68. It was fitted with four wheels.
About 1884 it was fitted with 'Knowles' ventilators.
About 1885 it was fitted with Hydraulic brakes and by 1890 had been refitted with Westinghouse equipment.
In 1891 the vehicle was modified with a bogie fitted at one end.
It ran in service as a 'State Car' from 1892.
In June 1894, the car became known as 'Minsterial 1'.
For most traffic it was coupled to the other car fitted with a single bogie; 'Ministerial 2'. Apparently the cars were coupled in semi permanent fashion 'axle - bogie - axle - bogie'.
In 1899, the two cars 'Ministerial 1' and 'Ministerial 2' were joined together and fitted onto a bogie underframe. The bogie car was known as 'Endinburgh'.
File c160v13 compiled by Peter J. Vincent, updated 5/7/2007